Hey there! My name is GH (short for Good Hank, a King of the Hill reference – my dad is a Texan! BOL). But, my friends call me Big G!
I was rescued in November, 2012, when a friend of my foster mom saw me, hurt and in need of help, in the forest near her friend’s house. They had seen me in the forest for about a week and were waiting for me to come close enough that they could help me. I finally wandered in (rumor has it there was some steak involved) and they were able to get a harness on me.
My foster mom got a call from her friend saying they had found a pittie in bad shape and they didn’t know what to do. My foster mom was actually across the state picking up dogs for a rescue transport, so she triaged me over the phone!
When she got to me, she could see I was hurt, but didn’t know exactly what had happened. I had a big wound on the back of my neck, puncture wounds down my neck and back, was too thin, had broken teeth, and had big tumors on my tummy and tail – but I was wagging my whole body! She scooped me up to go home and even let me ride shotgun.
The vet thinks that I was attacked by a hog because of where I was found and the high occurrences of hog hunting in the area. Given my calm and sweet demeanor, it is also quite possible that I wouldn’t hunt, and was let loose in the forest. Everyone who meet me the first few days was surprised I was able to survive in the forest, alone, and so wounded. Everyone also commented on how sweet and happy I was considering how badly I had been hurt.
I had some surgeries to remove the tumors (which were benign) and my broken teeth – I am missing an upper canine now, so I make an “Elvis” face when my lip gets stuck on my bottom tooth!
I am all healed up, at a healthy weight, and ready for my forever life! Here are my stats:
- I am about 3 years old
- I weigh about 55 pounds
- I am neutered (and all of my surgeries have been completed)
- I am Low HW+ (but have been on the slow kill treatment since November)
- I am good with other dogs – I live with big dogs, small dogs, and foster puppies (My foster mom says I am a bit too interested in kitties for her to consider me “safe” with them)
- I am on the lower energy side and like to lounge around
- I LOVE to go for a nice stroll and am very good on my leash
- My FAVORITE thing to do is ride in the car and hang my head out of the window
- I LOVE people and am good with kids (but, I am a little clumsy, so a little older kids may be best!)
I currently live in Houston with my foster family, but for the right family, out of town/state adoptions will be considered. I am a happy, big man with LOTS of love to give and am excited for my forever life!
Editor’s Note: GH found his forever home in September 2013. He is his mom’s bestest furiend forever! ♥