Hi everybody! My name is Bodhi — Bodhi Girl or Ms. B to my many friends and followers!
I was rescued in January 2013 in a true example of Facebook sharing saving lives! My Angel, Lisa, got in touch with my foster parents through Facebook and they put operation save-my-life in play.
I didn’t have the best start. My owners kept me locked in a kennel inside of an apartment and when they moved out, they left me and my furry friend in the parking lot. I was very skinny and snappy and animal control was called to pick us up. My furry friend (who has found her forever family) was calm enough to be picked up by Lisa, but I did not want anyone to get near me.
Lisa had tried for a few days to find someone to help me, only to be told that every rescue was full and they could not help her. Unfortunately, by the time Lisa and my foster parents connected, I had been picked up by animal control and slated for euthanasia.
But, thanks to the quick work of my friends at Love Puppy Breath Rescue, I was tagged for rescue!
My foster parents were foster pros, but they were not quite expecting the difficulties I would have to overcome. At nearly a year old, I weighed in at only 26 pounds, my undercarriage was stained from long periods of laying in my own waste, my nails had probably never been cut, and I was very angry (at everyone).
Not to be discouraged, my foster parents set upon the task of helping me know that I was safe and loved and would never go hungry again.
The first few weeks were difficult. I did not want to let my foster dad anywhere near me, did not want to meet any new people, and was very possessive of my new things. But, love and patience won — I started to trust my foster parents, discovered a love of new things (especially balls!) and learned to accept affection from people.
I have started to enjoy new people and whenever my foster parent’s friends come over, I love to play ball (BALL!) with them and let them rub my belly. My favorite things are playing fetch and tug, sitting on the sofa with my foster dad, and munching on carrots.
I have been with my foster family for just over six months now and I have decided that being a dog is pretty awesome! I still have some emotional healing to do, but my foster parents know I am ready to start interviewing awesome families that may want to become my forever family!
Here is some additional information on me:
- I am part pittie – part diva dog!
- I am about 1 ½ years old
- I weigh about 55 pounds (my foster mom says I look a little like a bullrito now! Hehe!)
- I am spayed, heartworm negative, microchipped, and UTD on my shots
- I LOVE to run and play (I will chase a ball for hours!) so I would be good for an active family
- I am working on my leash manners, but I am good at sitting and down
- I am looking for a special family where I can be the only pet (my foster parents think I’ll be best in a one-dog environment so I can continue healing emotionally, at least for now)
- Because of my high energy, and not having been around kids before, my foster parents think I would be better suited for a family with either no kids or older kids
I currently live in Houston with my foster family and would love to meet an awesome family to call my own forever!
You can also see more photos of me on my foster brother’s Facebook page, Reggie the Deaf Pit Bull.
Thank you for reading my story!